This blog is brought to you by the epic finals to the Hangover Trilogy! Haha! Our inspiration from the Hangover trickled into today’s blog. With all the stress involved in getting your big day together it is important for each and every bride to have a few days to sit back, relax, and enjoy some time with her closest friends and have an absolute blast, aka the bachelorette party!!! Here at Simply Couture Weddings we want to guide you in the right direction and assist you in every way possible to ensure that everything runs smoothly for our brides. So we have come together and made a list of the four most essential needs for an absolutely epic bachelorette party! Ready, set, go!
Number one: You need a headpiece.
- A veil (even if it’s not the real one) will help you out tons for your fun weekend. This veil provides you with special attention from your friends and even random strangers! You want everyone who sees you to know what’s coming when you and your crew walk in.
- For your friends, try colored wigs or tiaras.
- This veil entitles you to free drinks, and free entrance almost anywhere.
- This veil also says “I’m ready to PARTY!”
Number two: You need a cute flask (for the pre-party).
- Honestly, you don’t really need these but I mean come on, they are cute, fun, and provide a fun piece of memorabilia.
- And for those friends on a budget, this helps them from paying for expensive drinks.
Number three: You need outrageous accessories.
- How many times in your life can you dress like a complete fool for fun without feeling judged? So have fun with this! Oversized rings, light-up necklaces, garters, honestly whatever makes you happy! Just run with it.
Number four: You need a hangover kit (this is probably the most important!)
- Gatorade always helps!
- Must-haves also include bottled water, Advil, Alka Seltzer, chapstick, a cooling eye-mask and flip flops or foldable flats (because no one should have to walk home in heels).
Number five (well my #5 is my #1–You need a TAXI OR LIMO!) DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE!! HAVE A TAXI/LIMO COMPANY NUMBER PLUGGED INTO YOUR PHONE FOR PICKUP AT A TIME YOU THINK YOU WILL BE READY TO GO!
Hope this helps ladies. Drinks up!
Custom Wedding Guest Book
We totally love this guest book! It’s such a fresh twist on a typical guest book. Most couples put their guest book away and rarely look at it again; this beauty can easily be displayed at home without being an eye sore. Its organic and custom look adds such an adorable and unique touch. It is a one-of-a-kind that can be filled with words of wisdom, love, and best wishes from the guests to the newly wedded couple. (Hint, hint, brides and grooms, this also helps keep track of whom you need to send thank-you cards too!)
Find them at: CHERLBEE ON ETSY
The Price: $35.00
- Handmade item
- Materials: maple, wood, binder rings, paper, cardstock, stain
- Made to order
This custom 6″X8″ wood guest book is perfect for all those special notes form your loved ones. The front cover is engraved with the first initial of the bride and groom with a heart cutout on the bottom corner. The binder rings make them expandable so you can add or change the pages as your needs change! Customize it with you own patterned paper to show through the cutout! Includes 30 sheets (60 pages) of smooth white cardstock and binder rings.
If needed, extra pages can be bought here:
- It includes 10 pages for $1.50
* (Pictures found at that link too) *
* ( Here is a link to another option: http://www.etsy.com/listing/115090826/custom-banner-wedding-guest-book-with?ref=related-0 )
Wedding dress shopping should be one of the most exciting days spent during the wedding planning process; it’s when every bride gets to turn her childhood dreams into reality. So, first things first if wedding dress shopping is on your to do list, CONGRATS!!!! Secondly, yay! Go have some fun!
As many soon-to-be brides know, wedding dress trends change from season to season, but I must admit, the wedding dress trends now are absolutely fabulous! You’ve got classic holly-wood glam with a modern twist; new colors, exciting new patterns, lace tattoos (which I am becoming incredibly fond of!), sexier cuts, glam detail, and lots and lots of bling! They seem to be more versatile to varying body styles and have even more attention to detail (if you can believe that!)
Here are some wedding dress trends to watch out for this year:
- Sheer Overlays (Picture below)
- Peplum Skirts
- Ruffles, lots & lots of ruffles!
- Lace “Tattoos” (Picture below)
- Convertible dresses
- Corset Bodices
- Blush Dresses (Picture Below)
- Off-the-Shoulder Necklines
- Long Sleeves
- Gold Dresses
- Beading and Sequins
- Keyhole Backs (Picture below)
Most brides walk into a bridal gown shop thinking they know exactly what fit, style, amount of tulle or lack there of, short, ball gown, lace, and color they want. Remember when you are dress shopping to try on dresses outside of your comfort zone, this is your special day, make the best of it, and for all you know a surprise may be in store.
Happy Shopping! Xo
After much thought, we decided that each and every Friday, we will provide our readers with a flower choice, shown in different forms on a wedding day. For our first, Flower Friday we will get creative with peonies! These beautiful flowers happen to be my absolute favorite! These beauties are great at adding depth to a bouquet or centerpiece, they add great dimension, am immense amount of color, and did I mention how gorgeous they are? Peonies have become an extremely popular choice amongst brides in the past few years because of their modern, chic, yet simple and delicate appeal. Peonies are great when pairing with other flowers such as tulips, daises, baby’s breath, hydrangeas, delphiniums, roses, carnations, dahlias (this is my favorite pair) and succulents. Peonies come in various colors including, fuchsia, pastel pink, ivory, lavender, coral, peach, orange, and red. What I love about these gorgeous flowers most is that you can create a beautiful arrangement with just peonies or with an arrangement of multiple flowers.
Here are some ways to incorporate these beauties on your big day:
As full bouquets!
As a stand alone centerpiece!
As an escort card table arrangement!
As a bridesmaid corsage! (Love this idea–SO different and unique from the standard bouquet)
As a place setting!